Your transmission and driveline are essential to making your car go. The transmission takes the power produced by your engine and delivers it to the wheels.
You need to keep up with maintenance BEFORE symptoms are noticed. Most transmission problems are easy and inexpensive to fix when caught early, but ignoring early warning signs can turn into thousands of dollars in repairs. This makes it especially important to recognize the warning signs:
- Do you have a Check Engine light coming on? Modern automobiles have multiple sensors to monitor systems and provide you with an early warning.
- Do you see leaking fluid? Transmission fluid can be distinguished from engine oil by its cherry red color. A lack of fluid can cause the transmission to seize.
- Do you feel gears slipping? This is when the power from the engine is not able to deliver all of its power to the wheels.
- Is your car rough shifting? This is when your automobile jerks into motion
- Do you smell burning? This can be caused by overheating or leaking fluids. This needs to be addressed immediately to avoid the risk of fire.
Any questions you have regarding your transmission, please stop by and talk to us about your concerns.